The Kruger National Park is one of South Africa’s most beautiful destinations. Situated in the northern parts of South Africa, this Highveld based park contains vast amounts of rolling hills, dry grasslands, and long, lazy rivers all lit up by the beautiful African sky. With very few places in the world able to boast such an abundance of wildlife and beauty, the Kruger could possibly be your next vacation destination. Here are a few interesting facts about this majestic area to help you with your next destination choice.
- The Kruger National Park spans across two of South Africa provinces – Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces – and together offer the opportunity to experience and enjoy South African Safari.
- The Kruger National Park stretches 350km from the Limpopo River in the north to the Sabie River in the south.
- A range of two 2 million hectares is enclosed in this vast Kruger Park –
It is projected to be the size of Wales.
- The Kruger National Park was founded in 1898.
- It is one of the planets largest game sanctuaries/ wildlife sanctuaries/ safari sanctuaries.
- Within these expanses of natural wildlife, you will find three distinct habitats, comprising of the deciduous treed and grassy southern region; the central savannah region and lastly the arid mopane scrub land in the north.
- The legendary Big Five can be found in the Kruger Park – lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and the rhino.
- Visitors to the Park are encouraged to conform to the speed limits – so as not to frighten the animals and respect them in their surroundings.
- Your Kruger Park Accommodation will back the advice and instruction to never leave your vehicle under any circumstance.
If you are looking to visit this one of a kind park and experience the most incredible vacation or getaway of your lives, look no further then Timbavati Safari Lodge. We have luxury accommodation that will cater to your every need situated inside this amazing national park. Visit our site and book online today.